~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Some Fun With Old Photos



Above is the old Pinal County Court House, the main image from 1938, the Gold Wing image is my 2002 Gold Wing photographed there about 2008.   I've passed the court house countless times now and stopped periodically to photograph it alone or often with a bike in front of it.  It seemed like combining the pictures would be fun so I did.  I've seen it done around the 'net with various historic pictures so I thought I should try my hand.

3 comments:

Trobairitz said...

That turned out really great.

I always enjoy seeing the meshing of old and new photos.

Canajun said...

Nicely done.

Theo van der Meulen said...

Doug, great work combining two eras in monochrome and colour. It's given me a few ideas of my own.

Theo

Popular Posts

Search This Site

Loading...

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison