~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

ID These Bikes?

Hilo, HI.   Reproduced by permission

The above photo was sent to me by the member of a photography group to which I belong.  The lady is seeking info on the brand of bikes in the picture.  The shot was taken in Hawaii and I'd guess in the mid to late 1920s judging by the car.  That rakish fellow in the middle is her late father.

The bikes appear to be from the late 'teens and the handlebars are about the wildest I've seen.  They make "beach cruiser" bars look like clip-ons!   So far my on-line friends have suggested either March or Henderson brands but nothing conclusive. 

Can anyone out there ID these bikes? I'm afraid I haven't a clue as to the brands.  No prize for the winner, just a little tidbit would be added to someone's family history.

3 comments:

WooleyBugger said...

I enlarged the photo as big as I could. The one on the far right looks like it could be a 1920 Ace.

Send this picture to Wheels Through Time Museum, bet Dave could add some insight.

Trobairitz said...

I am no help at all on brands, but they look really cool. Imagine holding onto those bars.

bob skoot said...

Doug:

I know nothing. This is before my time but it would have been cool to have a motorcycle back then

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison