~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The 40on2 Fall Photo Contest progress

Waiting patiently (my photo, not an entry)

Well, I've not exactly inundated with entries for the photo contest but I guess that will make judging easier.  So far I've seen a Suzuki V-Strom, a Yamaha, a Royal Enfield, and a weather vane.  Whomever sent in the photo of themselves in a Bultaco jersey and with no pants on, thanks.  I've put your photo in the macro photography category.

 None of the women amongst my twelve regular readers have attempted via fetching photos of them on their bikes,  to lure me into giving them the $50 prize from motorcycle accessory site Jafrum.com.  I am saddened by that.  No one has included a corgi in their photos.  That may be more to a dearth of corgis in the world than desire to not get the easy win.   Webster commented that he doesn't carry a camera when he rides.  Webster, lad, your history is slipping away!   Paul, Jr. of OCC fame cruised by and declared it a "great contest idea" so I know I'm on the right track, at least.

I've thought about bumping the prize list to include and autographed picture of me or an official 40on2 t-shirt but I never had the t-shirts made.

So here I sit nursing a bad cold and waiting, waiting...tick, tick, tick...


4 comments:

Drifter said...

4 photos? And I thought I will win the third prize atleast :)

Trobairitz said...

Damn I keep forgetting to get a photo in. Life keeps getting in the way.

Maybe it is because I read blogs from work in the morning then forget by noon.

Trobairitz said...

Okay, picture sent..... let me know if you don't get it.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Sorry, I've no good pics to post.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

Loading...

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison