~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Girlfriend


This post has to do with motorcycles only in the sense that we all know that life is more than motorcycles.  Life is also dogs, and for me specifically, Corgis.

Four month old Sparkle grabs the camera strap to help steady the shot
Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy face

Like me, she's into low stress

The Three Musketeers
Gromit, Doug, and Sparkle
My new sweetheart is Sparkle, AKA Bramanor Black Diamond, a four month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi, the same breed as my 2 1/2 year old pal Gromit.  Gromit is actually Sparkles "uncle" and both are related to my first two Corgis that I lost in 2009.  I like the continuity of that.

“Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony.” - Thomas Merton

5 comments:

mq01 said...

awhhh, precious babies! shes a beauty doug.

Trobairitz said...

So cute!! Corgis are my favorite breed and I've always said if we were to ever get a dog I'd want a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

I think it is cool that Gromit is Sparkles' uncle.

bobskoot said...

Doug:

they look so Happy. That is a nice family portrait. It's nice to have companions who love you too

bob
Riding the Wet Coast
My Flickr // My YouTube

Camilla Jessop said...

Dear Douglas,

What a charming photo! You are a man of very great taste - I'm sure you know that our beloved Monarch, Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas Queen, Defender of the Faith, Duchess of Edinburgh, Countess of Merioneth, Baroness Greenwich, Duke of Lancaster, Lord of Mann, Duke of Normandy, is a keen Corgi lover and former breeder, currently owning three Pembroke Welsh and four Dorgis.

She is also very fond of America, and I am sure the world would be a better place if your President, Mr O'Bama, applied to bring America back into our Commonwealth, to take its rightful place alongside, Australia, Canada and India. You would be most welcome, and perhaps she might then forgive you for invading Grenada.

Doug said...

Ms. Camilla, thank you as always for your comment. Your dear Monarch, by virtue of her love for Corgis, did much to save and re-establish the breed so Corgi lovers the world over are in her debt. However, the whole "Dorgi" debacle at least equals and cancels out the invasion of Grenada.

As for America applying to re-join the UK, I think Mr. Obama's tastes would run more to becoming part of Sweden or possibly being a replacement for Taiwan to the Chinese.

I could see some value in America becoming British again but only if Canada would agree to abandon Quebec to it's own froggish future. As someone said "You can choose your friends but you are stuck with your relatives" and who would want Quebec as a relative?

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison