~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Swap Meet Mail Box

Mail box with flames, Casa Grande M/C Swap Meet, 2009
Continuing my recent theme of not feeling like writing, above is a shot of an H-D and flames custom mail box sitting amongst some parts at the annual motorcycle swap meet.   It's not hard to imagine that mail box sitting atop a post outside a old house that has a Shovelhead parked on the front porch.

I don't know how it is in other countries but it does seem in the USA that you see more home crafted items carrying the H-D moniker than you do for, say, Triumph or a Honda.  I enjoy the slightly whacked creativity some Harley people show in their home brew creations, both bikes and art.

2 comments:

Webster World said...

I used to have a lot of HD stuff. Once in a while now I like a shirt with something creative. For the most I want shirts with nothing on them.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I do agree with you. I like seeing other's creativity come out.

Colleting Harley Memorabilia, clothing and such is an addiction of sorts. I hate to admit, but I have it. Sometimes, I just can't help myself. If I see something I like, if it Say's HD on it, I just want it that much more. Don't know why, Just do.

I have so much stuff that says Harley Davidson on it, including an HD Tattoo, that I have to be careful not to walk out of the house looking like a walking Harley advertisement.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison