~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Roy and Trigger Ride Along

A unique air cleaner cover on an unusual vintage Indian. At the annual vintage bike show in Phoenix 2010.  

I imagine that cowboy movie star legend Roy Rogers would have gotten a chuckle out of it.  He was a fan of Indian motorcycles and there are several pictures of him astride his Indian bikes.

2 comments:

FLHX_Dave said...

Hey, I have seen that airbox cover on something as a kid. Wow! Talk about a flashback...now, where the hell did that come from?

I'm going to figure this one out.

Doug said...

Dave,

I can't tell from the picture but it seems to me the cover started out as a 45rpm record.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison