~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sign Of The Times


Arizona is much in the news this weekend with the passing of a strong anti-illegal immigration law and it's signing by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.

The sign above is one I spotted on a ride a few years ago, it was outside a park in Madera Canyon here in Arizona about 20 miles north of the US/Mexico border.  Imagine if such a sign was put up by the government at the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway or outside of Yellowstone Park.  People would demand that government address the problem immediately. Putting up a sign to warn citizens wouldn't be considered an acceptable solution.

Maybe the government could just put up signs on the back roads that say "Speeding motorcycle riders may be encountered in this area."  If that is acceptable for dealing with illegal immigration and drug trafficking in public parks it ought to be acceptable for speeding on public roads too.


To get a better idea of what illegal immigration is really all about here in the Southwest take a few minutes to read this article in the Tucson Weekly:  Following the Amnesty Trail.

1 comment:

bikerdude said...

I wish you would keep up your blog with new biker thoughts.
I've enjoyed the work you've done.
Great job.

I originally found you while looking for Yamaha TW200 info.
Do you have any blog comments on the TW?

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison