~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Bonneville World Finals 2009


Yes, more stuff from the Bonneville Salt Flats, partly because I like it and partly because I'm too lazy to blog anything else at the moment.

The "World Finals" are the last event of the Bonneville season so I thought I'd toss out a picture and a link. The picture is from "Seldom Seen Slim" who is reporting semi-hourly right from the Salt Flats courtesy of a Verizon AirCard. If you've a mind to see more pictures of the variety of bikes that run at a Bonneville event and also read through the running commentary the link to Landracing.com is here.

Two more pictures courtesy of SSS:

Not everyone races stretched out, missile shaped race bikes that don't look like bikes.

Tom Liberatore ran his M/PG 750 class Moto Guzzi to a new record of 138.280 mph

...and your basic double engine Harley

1 comment:

mq01 said...

these pics help me feel like im there on the salt flats too, as i wish... great post!

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison