~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Mixed Feelings


I like steak and I like chocolate but I don't necessarily like chocolate on my steak. I was browsing the web page for Hugh's Bultaco (now known as Bultaco Motorcycles) and ran across a photo that intrigued me but left me with oddly mixed feelings. I'm an old Bultaco rider and fan of the marque and also a bit of an Indian Motorcycle fan 'cause my dear old dad was an Indian dealer waaay back when. Absolutely nothing beats a late model Indian Chief for classic motorcycle style. When I saw Dave Stands' Bultaco/Indian whatever-it-is I was really conflicted. I like both brands; the bike Dave built looks sort of cool and the workmanship appears first rate but I'm not sure about mixing the two utterly opposite brands or the wailing 2-stroke Bultaco engine with the classic Indian look. I'll say one thing for sure though, I'll bet it's fast and a hoot to ride so maybe that's all that counts.

7 comments:

Canajun said...

Well I have to agree with you on this one. The combination is too extreme for my liking - neither fish nor fowl comes to mind.

But hey, how boring would it be if we all had the same tastes?

Webster World said...

I think he did a great job. Looks awesome. No it would be wrong if he produced them as one or the other.

Mr. Motorcycle said...

I'm not a big fan of the Indian Fenders, or the fishtail pipes on this bike. But I guess all that matters is if the guy who owns it likes it.

DK said...

I love all things Indian, and Bultaco (and Montesa) and I think this machine is beautiful. I'm really enjoying your site, now that I've found it.

Torch said...

At least it doesn't have whitewalls.

Ride on,
Torch

FLHX_Dave said...

Wow...I dunno. I think that bike kicks big ass Doug! I love the "classic" lines. It almost looks like a bike that could be anything you wanted it to be. I can see Broughs, Sopwith, HD FL, Indian. I'm in love with this thing. I'll take chocolate on my steak any day if this bike comes as the after dinner mint.

Now if we can find a chick that can pull off that anything we want deal...oh wait, I did! (whew...that was a close one.)

Webster World said...

After dinner mint. I like that.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison