~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Upcoming In Phoenix: 24th Annual Antique and Classic Motorcycle Show


March 16th with be the 24th edition of the Arizona Antique and Classic Motorcycle Enthusiast's annual show in Phoenix. I've attended it many time over the years it's generally be a great time and great people.

The number and quality of bikes has varied from year to year but the last few the quality the bikes present has been excellent if not huge in number. I'll be there bright and early snapping pictures and shooting the breeze with assorted people. I believe that local events like this are really at the heart of motorcycling, much more so than the huge commercial shows or "bikeweek" type wretched excess events. I recommend riding in to the show, look around, take pictures, listen to a few stories, and then head out for a ride. Should be a fine day of motorcycling that way. Basic info below, more on the club website:

2 comments:

Rick said...

I totally agree. I love to listen to others tell their tall tales. It makes me glad to be a rider and adds something of value to my life.

Dan from The Biker Web said...

I'm looking forward to those pics! I'm such a sucker for antique iron... Love it.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison