~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Monday, March 12, 2007

MotoHistory Interviews Cook Neilson



Over at Ed Youngblood's always excellent MotoHistory web page Ed has snagged an interview with former Cycle Magazine Editor Cook Neilson. As I noted elsewhere in 40on2 I had the good fortune to know Cook briefly back in the early 1970s and even talked him into an attempt at hang gliding one Sunday afternoon.

When it comes to motorcycle magazine journalism Cook Neilson set the standard that others still strive to reach (if they are smart). If you enjoy reading motorcycle magazines today it's worth learning about the guy who changed everything and then walked away while he was on top. Zip on over to MotoHistory and read Ed's interview with Cook and get a peek into the history of what was and still is the best motorcycle magazine ever.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison