~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Friday, March 11, 2005

What's the Difference?

This is sort of a continuation of a topic over at Sport Touring.Net and I got such a kick out of it that I thought it deserved it's own expansion here.

When I was in the process of swapping my Aprilia Falco for the Caponord, my non-motorcycling neighbor looked at the two bikes and discerning no functional difference between them asked "What's the difference between them besides the color?" Since she's a nice lady I put it into a basic analogy for her: "The Falco is the hot Italian fashion model, the Caponord is her sister who is a gourmet cook." My neighbor, who happens to be a psychologist, replied "Doug, you're better off with the gourmet cook." Truer words were never spoken.

Anyway, for those who are not into bikes and think that all bikes are about the same, the pictures below illustrate the differences between certain brands of bikes as I see them:

Japanese bikes:

German bikes:


British bikes:
 


American bikes:


Italian bikes:


No comments:

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison