~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Friday, January 21, 2005

More Art by Jason Watt

Jason Watt has begun a new series of drawings entitled "American Flyers." The first in the series is this wonderful work of Randy Mamola, Kenny Roberts, and Mike Baldwin in what I believe is the famous "corkscrew" turn at Laguna Seca in 1984.

Jason's work is rapidly becoming better known so if you have ever wanted to dispaly some excellent original art in your home, acquire some of Jason's work now while it's still affordable to us ordinary folk. I've got dibs on the Kenny Roberts/Freddie Spencer battle when Jason gets to it.

By the way, Jason also does some especially nice drawings of Native American subjects. His drawing of "Chief Joseph" of the Nez Percé Indians is supremely evocative. If you enjoy history like I do, read the story of Chief Joseph and see an example of true greatness in a human being.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison