~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Motorcycle Art

Art by Jason Watt

While wiling away too much time reading messages over at Sport-Touring.Net I ran across some pictures and a link posted by artist Jason Watt. A lot of motorcycle art out there is fairly mundane so his carefully detailed and nicely balanced drawings really caught my eye. It's also great to see someone doing sport bikes rather than the usual Harley stuff.

Working in charcoal or colored pencil Jason captures the essence of speed on a racing bike without resorting to overly dramatic flourishes as some artists do. I find his work clean and classic. Jason is also doing Native American art that is very moving and will do portraits by commission. Clearly he's one very talented motorcycle guy who deserves to have his art purchased by enthusiasts. Click on over and take a look.

1 comment:

Debbie Daugherty said...

Jason has a new webpage - www.twowheelart.com - and if you go there and scroll all the way down, that is a piece I commissioned him to do for my husband as a Christmas gift in 2006. I also had him do a black-and-white piece from an old photo of my husband racing flat track 25 years ago or so. So, we have two custom Jason Watt pieces proudly hanging in our living room. I also have a connection with him because we're both from the same hometown in Minnesota, as it turns out - Litchfield. He lives in Washington state, as do my husband and I. We have yet to go on a ride with him, but we're planning on that perhaps later this summer. Your blog is incredibly entertaining to read, by the way. All the best to you and Debbie.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison