~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Doing What Most Of Us Would Like To Do

Dusty Davis heads out for a month to see America on his Yamaha FJ1300. How many of us dream of doing something like this? How many actually work up the gumption to do it? I hope Dusty finds some 'net accesss along the way and can keep up his blog while he's gone. The on-the-road type entries always seem more real than the ones built on recollection. By the way, there's a great link on Dusty's page to the story of a guys 11,500 mile trip on a moped back in the late '70s. Great stuff.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Doug,
That does sound like a great ride. I met a fellow last week, about 30 miles from home while out on a day trip, who was just returning from four months of riding his '95 GS out west.
I managed a couple of weeks last summer to Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota before beelining back to Virginia.
Ride safe!

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison