~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

But Can You Take Her Home to Meet Mom?

Aprilia Falco. She's Italian and very hot. We met for the first time Sunday, spent a couple of hours together and I brought her home tonight. Mid-life crisis on my part, I guess. There was no way to sneak so much Euro flash into the neighborhood quietly. What will my conservative neighbors think? Aprilia would be better off with a younger man but seems to respond to my rusty advances so what the heck. I figure I might as well have one last fling while there's a little life left in me.

My friends, with their dowdy metal oinkers, will be shocked and think I've gone mad. They may be right but madness can be a fine form of entertainment for one used to more a more staid consort. A wise fellow (me) once said "Fast motorcycles are like fast women: fine for a weekend but would you want to live with one?" Only one way to find out!


3 comments:

Travis said...

Congrats Doug! The Falco is a real treat to ride and you can't beat all that v-twin torque. Must be quite an adjustment coming off of your current cruiser. Have fun with her.

Dylan said...

Hey Doug! As Travis said, congrats! She looks wonderful... Enjoy the ride, I'm sure it'll be fun!

NOPCKL said...

Very cool.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison