~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Bike Fever, Moto Lust, Whatever

Reading Dylan's blog, Johnstown Company, has gotten me thinking about Italian bikes again. I've had in mind for a while to buy some sort of sport bike or sport touring bike to go in the garage next to the 1600 Kaw. I stopped today at the nearest Ducati dealer today to swap tires and kick lies. Nice shop...a real motorcycle shop staffed by people who actually ride, not a motorcycle boutique or "cycle mall." Not many real shops left these days.


All the really nice toys were out of my price range or too impractical but they did have a used 2003 (or was it an '04?) Supersport 800 sitting there that some guy at traded in on a 749. Believe it or not, the 800 has only 87 miles on it. Apparently the guy has money to burn and wanted something a little more cutting edge than the 800. A little research beforehand would have saved him a ton of money. Very tempting bike at a moderate price. Not sure if I'll take the plunge or not but if I do it's all your fault, Dylan.

3 comments:

Dylan said...

87 Miles? Your kidding me! From what I hear on the Ducati.ms board they're a heck of a bike... I take full responsibility for stirring up the idea! LOL...Good luck with your decision.

Doug K. said...

Dylan,

As long as you're taking responsibility for stirring up trouble can I get you to help with monthly payments??

Doug

Chris said...

Two words: Wee Strom (that is, the V-Strom 650). of course, i'm biased. but i rode a multistrada about 700 km in italy and switzerland this summer (two days) and i longed for the strom the entire time.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison