~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Shocking Trends

Over at Blogpulse, a search engine dedicated strictly to the blogosphere, they have a little tool for graphing the trends in number of blog entries devoted to specific topics.  You can plug in up to three topics and then see a graph for the percentage of entries devoted to that topic. 

Seizing the opportunity to be on the leading edge of motorcycle blog research I typed in some key words and let 'er go.   As you look at the graph below you will no doubt be surprised just as I was to see that sex is more popular than motorcycles as a blog post topic.  Who'd have guessed?

Look way down at the bottom of the graph to find the motorcycle line.  You might need your magnifying glass. 




Other trends show that Harley blog posts are more numerous than posts about compost heaps and posts about me are less numerous than posts about MotoGP World Champion, Valentino Rossi.  You can't argue with science, folks.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Search This Site

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison